Martha Gimbut is the principal and founder of Gimbut and Associates. Martha has over 25 years of marketing, sales, technical support and strategic leadership experience in Fortune 100 companies, high tech start ups and non-profits. Martha held numerous executive positions at IBM, where she was responsible for leading strategic software and services investments, restructuring various product lines, creating and directing technical support centers and services worldwide, and directing geographic sales and marketing in the US and in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Today, as the principal and founder of Gimbut and Associates, Martha works with start ups, non-profits and technology companies providing a wide range of strategy, planning, marketing and business development services. Gimbut and Associates draws upon her team as well as a network of trusted associates to build, plan and deliver results.
In addition, Ms. Gimbut is a graduate of Leadership Austin, serves on the board of Skill Point, the Austin Digital Media Council, has served as an advisor to the SWSX (South by Southwest) Interactive conference and is a founding member of the LBJ Library Future Forum.
Gimbut and Associates’ philosophy is focused on ensuring stakeholder value. During her career, she has proven herself a catalyst of positive change and growth, always confidently overseeing large-scale, dynamic teams and building mutually beneficial business partnerships while delivering proven customer value.
Select highlights of Ms. Gimbut’s career include having:
- Enabled a social media application and platform provider to receive $6M in start-up funding by developing effective business strategies, go-to-market plans and grant development
- Led the strategies for comprehensive user interface designs, information architectures and end user scenarios for interactive solution providers
- Developed comprehensive customer relationship management (CRM) systems including customer satisfaction methods and surveys; evaluation and assessment systems and reporting; causal analysis feedback loops in addition to marketing messaging and deliverables by customer segment
- Consulted and developed a working template for a Green Ribbon Schools initiative for K12 while working with state agencies, education leaders and a social media and web platform provider. This template included program goals, product plans, sample activities, reporting and a management and measurement system
- Established a strong or dominant market presence for clients by developing pricing models and recommendations for various combinations of products and services, including performing competitive and market analysis across like-minded industries; designed product-by-product competitive matrixes, market share analysis, and unique plans
- Consulted on strategies for ‘games for social change’ initiatives for K12 applications
- Set the budget and secured staffing support for $20M-$30M in investments for 5 seed projects for a large scale, SaaS (Software as a Service) and services initiative
- Led the first geography-wide, multi-language, multi-country software technical sales and marketing organization for IBM covering Europe, Middle East, and Africa; the blueprint was later adopted as an organizational structure for technical sales delivery for all of IBM
- Generated $1.5M in first-year sales and delivered revenue at 150% over the forecast and plan by directing branding, value propositions, marketing, product launch, and sales for first-in-industry fee-based software technical support services for IBM worldwide
Martha has a BS in Applied Science from Miami University and completed coursework at the University Of Chicago Booth School Of Business in marketing, finance and economics.
“When creative ideas hit that delicate balance with timely business opportunities is what I look forward to in brainstorming sessions with Martha…. she has a very unique skill based on her vast experience and intelligence to analyze a great deal of information, multiple creative perspectives and market opportunities and then help find that sweet spot. Then the competent follow through begins. I have so enjoyed working with Martha! A real treasure!” Mary Schenck-Ross, Founder, Thinking Cap Learning.